Meet the Member: Lucky Mokwena

Lucky can always be seen (and heard) at our time trials on Thursdays, so we thought we would ask him some questions to get to know him a bit better.



Number of years at the club: 4 years (Since October 2010)          
    
How many years have you been running: 4 years

Kilometers per week (currently): Not that much at the moment. Still recovering/rehabilitating from a knee operation. Recovery period taking frustratingly longer than I thought it would.

Favourite race: I had to toss a coin between Safari and Two Oceans. But the Two Oceans just narrowly wins.

Favourite running shoes: Nike

Goals for the next year: Complete Rehabilitation program so as to can get back to the road. Run that elusive sub 5hr standard marathon and eventually qualify for the oceans Ultra for 2016.

Favourite music: Anything and everything goes but not heavy metal and hip-hop.

Last movie seen: 2013. Lien se Langstaanskoene. I must admit. I was sceptical about watching it. It’s worth every penny and time spent on it.

Last book read: Sydney Poitier’s Life Beyond Measure.

Favourite food: Hot Chicken curry with lots of garlic and ginger on a roti.  

Choice of drink: An ice cold Pepsi does it for me.

What do you do in your spare time (when not running): Watching lots of Soccer, rugby, cricket and tennis on TV.

What do very few people know about you: I was  born in Musina (Then Messina) in Limpopo just 16km from the border between South Africa and Zimbabwe and also that I can watch the movie ‘I’m Sam starring Dakota Fanning’ over and over again without getting tired. I just love the talent that little girl possesses. I’m a Kaizer Chiefs, Manchester United and Lions supporter but I’m a Cape Cobras cricket team supporter (this is the only good WP sporting team).